Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Coffee Shop Report!


It's been a good summer and all of a sudden, it's about to be over.  Things are about to change a little...  well, a lot; as they do every year about this time.  

I can feel Fall in the early morning air now, my daughter is about to turn 7 and start second grade.  I've transitioned Femme to our Fall season and now I am doing the same thing to my kiddo's closet.  I'm shopping for school clothes with sleeves and jackets!  

The school night routine is about to commence and those casual nights of letting my girl stay up late, sleep later and spend her days in the pool are about to change drastically.  

There will be the slightly hectic rush of getting home early enough to eat dinner with her and help out with homework and then?  The even more hectic act of getting her ready for bed (I don't know about you but bedtime always sneaks up on me; it's just all of a sudden there!).  There won't be Enough Time for everything whereas all summer it has seemed like there was nothing but Time.

All these little changes in our routine.  They happen every year and yet I am never prepared for them.  

It would be easy for me to get maudlin and wonder where the summer has gone - where have the days gone?  But what parent has time for that at the end of summer and the beginning of the school year?  

So what am I going to do?  Moan and groan a little,sure...  but mainly I'm going to try to enjoy every single last moment of summer.

I'm also going to go ahead and allow myself to start dreaming of the cooler days to come.  Jacket Days aren't too far off and that is something to be happy about!

No comments: