Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Coffee Shop Report!


We went to go see Man of Steel tonight; the new Superman movie. 
 I've been looking forward to this movie since I started seeing trailers for it months ago!  I'm not a huge movie person but what I had been seeing of this movie had me really excited - it looked like an awesome action flick!
  
And my verdict?

Well.  I didn't really love it.  I know!  I can't believe it either!  It just didn't do it for me.  
I didn't hate it but...  I didn't love it either.  

I won't bother critiquing all the reasons why I didn't fall in love with this film (although, I did fall in love with Henry Cavill a little) but I'll tell you what I did like.

I liked the scenes where there were normal people - not Superman, not the General or any of his lackeys, not even the military personnel; just people like you and me - doing heroic things.  Small acts of heroism like saving the dog or staying with their co-worker even in the face of death.  

Those kinds of scenes. 

They weren't dramatic because they were saving the world.  They were dramatic purely in the simplicity of a person doing something brave...  because they were there and because they could help.

Those were the scenes I liked and so those are the moments that I choose to remember about this movie.

(I will also remember the scene where Superman comes out of the ocean wearing nothing but a torn pair of trousers.  I'm only human.)

What did you think about Man of Steel?

No comments: