Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Coffee Shop Report!



I'm warning you now: runners like to talk about running. It's just one of those things – if you run consistently, you talk about running... consistently.

Other runners know what I mean.  It's like the weather if you live in Texas; always something to talk about! If you're a runner, you're pretty much guaranteed a lengthy conversation with another runner even if you are strangers to each other. It's kind of a secret club that isn't so secret, now that I think about it.

We ask each other: what trails do you run? What gear do you wear? What's your pace? How far are your long runs? Whether you are a novice runner or a seasoned veteran; it doesn't matter. It feels good to talk to another runner about running. Simple truth, right there.

You know another thing runners like to talk about?  Shoes!  Running shoes, to be exact, and I am super excited because I just got a brand spanking new pair of running shoes today! In fact, I am pretty sure that I might have told the UPS guy that I loved him.  Now I can't wait for my next run because I am eager to break these bad boys in! 

 But here is the cool part - the universal part that every shoe lover can appreciate:   shoes are shoes... No matter what kind they are, it's always a joy to get a new pair!

Whether we are talking about a pair of running shoes or a pair of Christian Louboutin heels, we can all relate to the excitement and pleasure of finding, buying and then wearing that new pair of shoes!

They are presents to ourselves; gifts that we give ourselves when we are feeling happy or sad. The right shoe (for your mood or for your outfit) has the power to enhance or change your perspective.  They can be the cherry on top of an excellent day or they can be the one thing that makes a bad day better. 

 The Perfect Shoe has an impact – on you, on your style and on your attitude. That's pretty powerful and when we are wearing those perfect shoes?

We are powerful too .. and it feels good.

So here's to that brand new pair of shoes! 

 May they make you walk (or run) like you are The Most Powerful Woman in the room!

No comments: